With the widespread school, library, and bookstore closures and many schools transitioning to remote learning, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers has received numerous requests from teachers, administrators, librarians and booksellers across the country asking for permission to post readings of books online for their students to access. We are in awe of your efforts to adapt to the changing needs of your students and communities, and we want to support you. We ask that if you read an LBYR book online to your students or library patrons that you follow a few short guidelines:
- Please note at the onset of the video that you are reading with permission from Little, Brown Books for Young Readers.
- Please only post your video through your school, library, or bookstore’s private platform or through another closed group or platform with limited access for only your students or patrons.
- Please delete your video or disable access by September 4, 2020, as this is a limited-time permission.
- Please send your name, school, library, or bookstore, city, and state, as well as the title and author/illustrator of the book(s) you intend to read online to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By posting a reading, you are agreeing to abide by the above terms.
Please tag our social media handles in any posts affiliated with your readings—we’d love to see them!